WAHANA GRAHA MAKMUR
WAHANA GRAHA MAKMUR
MISSION AND VISION
– To produce and deliver Specialty and High Grade Specialty coffee.
– To deliver clear traceability coffee supply chains to the customers.
– To practise and emphasize on sustainable agriculture
Wahana coffee farm contains around 30 hectares of coffee nursery land. Long Berry from Aceh, Toraja from Sulawesi, Andong Sari from Jember-Java, Rasuna from Sumatera, and S795 from Jember-Java are the native seedling types currently growing. The international seedling variations are Villa Sachi from Costa Rica, Cattura from Costa Rica, Cattuai from Costa Rica, and Columbia Typica from Columbia.
WAHANA SPECIALITY GRADE
By constructing a washing station within the Wahana Estate compound, they can purchase Red Coffee Cherries from farmers and create a higher quality and consistent cup. Their trucks circle Lake Toba every day, collecting cherries from farmers and transporting them straight to their plant for processing.
WAHANA HIGH GRADE SPECIALTY
(Micro & Nano lots)
Wahana Estate practices sustainable agriculture by having all shade trees and organic fertilizers (composting) on the farm to generate High-Quality Coffee from North Sumatra province. Wahana Estate segregates each varietal by plot and harvests them individually to maximize each cultivar’s potential. Furthermore, only the red cherries are collected and promptly processed at their plant.
– Planted at elevations ranging from 1250 to 1400 meters above sea level
– Temperatures ranging from 13 to 29 degrees Celsius
– Annual rainfall of 2000mm to 3000mm
– Complete control from planting to delivery
– Cherry brix of 15 to 20% depending on varietals
– A legume tree that grows in full shade.
COFFEE GROWING ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP
(in Wahana Estate)
– Maintain coffee shade canopy
– Maintain soil productivity
– Wildlife protection
– Conservation area with native trees
– Ecological pest and disease control
– Farm management and supervision Wahana
COFFEE PROCESSING FACILITY
Wahana Estate’s wet mill facility selects coffee cherries based on stringent standards and tailors the coffee process to client requests. The major processes used at the estate are full wash, wet hull, natural, and honey process. The coffee will next be divided lot by lot to guarantee quality uniformity.